Navigation Workshop – Women Only
Join us for a hands-on Navigation Workshop, where you will learn basic coastal piloting and traditional navigation techniques. You’ll leave ready to plot your position and course on a paper chart just in case your GPS goes out. No prior experience required. A Women Only workshop.
This hands-on Navigation Workshop will cover:
- The role of piloting and DR in a GPS world
- Anatomy of the Nautical Chart
- Chart scale and symbology
- Using a compass, chart and simple plotting tools
- Location by latitude and longitude
- Position plotting on a Mercator chart
- Speed time and distance—a DR tradition
- Working with a hand bearing compass
- Developing a no-electronics navigator’s backup plan
An Evite went out earlier; open it and register or contact Bill Howell at 571.334.0122 or email@example.com to reserve a spot!